Prof. Shahzad Shams presently works as Head and Professor of Neurosurgery Department at Lahore General Hospital, LGH, Lahore.
1981-87 (King Edward Medical College)
1988 (As Demonstrator)
1989-92 (As Registrar General Surgery)
1993-1996 (As Resident of Neurosurgery)
- Conducted research on role of emergency cholecystectomy in acute cholecystitis.
- Traveled to UK, Japan, Hongkong, Singapore, Seoul, Korea
1997-1998 (As Senior Registrar Neurosurgery)
- Research work on Minimal neurosurgical techniques was done.
- Computer assisted Stereotactic Surgery started after research.
- Traveled to Holland, Switzerland.
- Traveling Fellowship Awarded by Royal College of Glasgow, UK
1998-2003 (As Assistant Professor)
Selected for Fellowship Programme to work with worlds best Neurosurgeon in USA, Prof. Laligham Sekhar of George Washington University.
2003-2004( As Chief & Head of Department)
- Regular OPD was launched in Room No. 9 twice weekly
- Increased the bed strength from 8 to 35
- All sorts of Elective Major Brain and Spine surgery performed
- Round the clock emergency coverage established
- Training of Residents for Fellowship and Master of Neurosurgery pioneered.