Prof. Shahzad Shams presently works as Head and Professor of Neurosurgery Department at Lahore General Hospital, LGH, Lahore.
ENDOSCOPIC MINIMALLY INVASIVE KEYHOLE SURGERY IN NEUROSURGERY
It is Best and Latest Technique performed by Prof.Shahzad Shams for the following lesions:-
1. PITUITARY ADENOMA TUMOUR
2. THIRD VENTRICLE TUMORS
3. THIRD VENTRICULOSTOMY FOR HYDROCEPHALUS
4. SPINE SLIPPED DISC SURGERY
5. INTRAVENTRICULAR BRAIN TUMOURS
6. COLLOID CYST
7. ARACHNOID CYST
8. PEDIATRIC NEUROSURGERY FOR CHILDREN
9. CEREBROSPINAL FLUID FISTULA – CSF LEAK LEADING TO RHINORREA
I have now a clear belief that with the advent of Endoscopic neurosurgery and its advancement has greatly simplified the management of many intracranial ailments in Adults and Children.
Similar in concept to other endoscopic surgery,
Intracranial neuroendoscopy reduces
- Surgical morbidity,
- Shortens the hospital stay of only 24 hours
- Minimizes the cosmetic concerns associated with many major neurosurgical conditions.
In general, neuroendoscopy does not require
- Large incisions on the scalp,
- Removal of skull flaps
- Extensive dissection through brain tissue.
In the past several years the technological advancements in endoscope design have been substantial. A reduced size, improved resolution, and brighter illumination of the endoscope has allowed the benefits of endoscopic surgery to be applied in neurosurgery and it is definitely how the future neurosurgery would be performed.
Neuroendoscopy has dramatically altered the management of several diseases affecting the central nervous system of children and adults. At the centre of Minimal Access Neurosurgery at Omar Hospital, Jail road.
Endoscopic neurosurgical procedures have been used in the treatment of pituitary tumours, hydrocephalus, intracranial cysts, intraventricular brain tumors, lumbar discectomy and decompression for lumbar spinal stenosis and Pediatric neurosurgery in children, Cerebrospinal Fluid Fistula CSF Fistula leading to Rhinorrea.