Prof. Shahzad Shams presently works as Head and Professor of Neurosurgery Department at Lahore General Hospital, LGH, Lahore.
For the following common neurosurgical conditions:
- Tumors of the brain, spine, spinal cord or peripheral nerves. These tumors may be benign like MENINGIOMAS or malignant like GLIOMAS.
- Headache, Neck and back pain. This pain can be as a result of a herniated disk, vertebral stenosis, arthritis, cancer or degenerative bone disease.
- Aneurysms of the major blood vessels in the brain.
- Degenerative diseases of the spine and spinal cord.
- Peripheral nerve disease such as carpal tunnel disease, trigeminal neuralgia, or conditions producing a pain in the radial, ulnar or brachial nerves.
For following operations performed by Prof. Shahzad Shams for Neurosurgical Brain and spinal diseases-:
ENDOSCOPIC BRAIN SURGERY
- Endoscopic Transphenoidal Pituitary Tumor excision
- Endoscopic Repair of CSF Fistula, Leak, Rhinorrhea
- Endoscopic excision of Encephaloceles
- Endoscopic Third Ventriculostomy
- Endoscopic Ventricular tumor excision
- Endoscopic Meningocele Excision
- Endoscopic Transphenoidal Craniopharyngioma excision
- Endoscopic Skull Base Tumour excision
- Endoscopic Petrous Apex lesions excision
- Endoscopic Colloid Cyst Excision
- Endoscopic Arachnoid Cyst Excision
ENDOSCOPIC SPINE SURGERY
- Endoscopic Discectomy for prolapsed intervertebral discs
- Endoscopic Lumbar Decompression
- Craniotomy for Remova of all types of Brain Tumors especially a master and expert in MENINGIOMAS surgery in any region of the brain.
- Craniotomy for removal of Extradural, subdural and intracerbral haematomas
- Syringo subarachnoid shunts for syringomyelia
- Craniotomy For Clipping of Cerebral Aneurysms
- Insertion of Ventriculoperitoneal Shunt for Hydrocephalus
- Microvascular Decompression procedures for V, VII Cranial Nerves.Vertebroplasty
- Lumbar Disectomy
- Lumbar disc hemilaminotomy
- Decompressive Lumbar Laminectomy for Lumbar Stenosis
- Anterior Cervical Disectomy and Fusion (ACDF)
- Carpal Tunnel Release
- Anterior Thoracic corpactomy and titanium mesh cage replacement
- Transpedicular Spinal fixation
- Micro surgical spinal tumor excision
For following symptoms related to neurosurgical conditions:
- Patient with severe headache, vomiting, decreased conscious level, epileptic fits, or weakness of any upper or lower limb, weakness of one side of face, visual deterioration or hearing deficit.
- Severe pain in one half of face which comes like current.
- Hydrocephalus or enlarging head size in infants.
Neck pain or back pain with numbness or weakness of upper and lower limbs respectively, lower back pain with urinary and stool incontinence.
Immediately consult neurosurgeon if after head injury patient because unconscious epileptic.
Consult if after injury severe pain in the neck or back with weakness of limbs loss or sensory loss.