Prof. Shahzad Shams presently works as Head and Professor of Neurosurgery Department at Lahore General Hospital, LGH, Lahore.
Best Neurosurgeon for Endoscopic Minimally Invasive Keyhole
Brain and Spine Surgery
(Endoscopic surgery is done through nose without any incision or a 1/2 inch hole for brain and spine with very small scar and hospital stay of only 24 hours with excellent results)
Endoscopic Brain Surgery
- Endoscopic Transphenoidal Pituitary Tumor excision.
- Endoscopic Repair of CSF Fistula, Leak, Rhinorrhea.
- Endoscopic excision of Encephaloceles.
- Endoscopic Third Ventriculostomy.
- Endoscopic Ventricular tumor excision.
- Endoscopic Meningocele Excision.
- Endoscopic Transphenoidal Craniopharyngioma excision.
- Endoscopic Skull Base Tumor excision.
- Endoscopic Petrous Apex lesions excision.
- Endoscopic Colloid Cyst Excision.
- Endoscopic Arachnoid Cyst Excision.
- Endoscopic Surgery of Clival Chordomas.
Endoscopic Spine Surgery
- Endoscopic Discectomy for prolapsed intervertebral discs
- Endoscopic Lumbar Decompression
Best Neurosurgeon for Endoscopic Pituitary Tumor Surgery, Endoscopic Third Ventriculostomy ETV in Pakistan.
- Extensive experience in management of Brain Tumor Surgery (Glioma, Meningioma, Metastatic, Acoustic Neuorma, Pituitary tumor, Prolactinoma, Craniopharyngioma, Rathke’s Cleft cyst, Transnasal Transsphenoidal pituitary tumor removal through the nose.
- One of the largest experience Cerebral Aneurysm Surgery (Anterior communicating, Middle Cerebral, ICA) and AVM Surgery
- Best in Endoscopic surgery for Brain and Spine
- Pioneer in Minimally Invasive Neurosurgery Techniques.
- Specializes in pathology of Cranial Nerves, over 500 cases.
- Extensive experience with C-P angle tumor, Craniopharyngioma, Meningioma.
- Keyhole Surgery to cure Hemifacial Spasm and Trigeminal Neuralgia.
- Head Injury cases with excellent results.
Large experience with best results in all sorts of following more than 5000 operations for spine:-
Best neurosurgeon for endoscopic discectomy in Pakistan
- Sipped disc surgery more than 3000 cases.
- Cervical, Thoracic and Lumbar Spine fixation techniques.
- Cervical, Thoracic and Lumbar Spondylosis or Spondylitic changes and infective processes like Caries Spine treated with anterior cervical reconstruction with Titanium cages.
- Thoracolumbar reconstruction with cages
- Wide experience with Spinal tumour excision using microneurosurgical techniques giving excellent results.
- Percutaneous vertebroplasty is indicated for painful Osteoporotic or Osteoporosis or Neoplastic vertebral compression fractures seen commonly in older females due to trivial injury or fall.
- Spinal Fixation for Spondylosis and Spondylolisthesis.
Best Neurosurgeon for Treating Intraventricular Tumors by Endoscopic Surgery.
Extensive experience with more than 2000 Benign and Malignant Tumors of all regions and areas of the brain like Gliomas, Astrocytomas, , Pituitary Adenomas, Craniopharyngiomas, Medulloblastomas, Ependymomas with excellent results.
Surgery of Brain Aneurysms
Using one of the best microscope in the country for Clipping of Aneurysms of brain giving excellent results.
Surgery for Hydrocephalus
Top Neurosurgeon for Treating Hydrocephalus by Performing Third Ventriculostomy ETV in Pakistan.
Best in VP Shunt and VA Shunt done in more than 2000 cases in all age groups
Surgery for Head Injury and Spinal Injury
Massive experience in the operative management of Injuries and has operated on more than 2000 cases of head injury with fractured skull causing depressed fractures, intracranial haematomas, removal of foreign bodies like bullet injuries and spinal fixation in fractures of vertebrae at all levels of vertebral column.
Surgery of Brain and Spine Infections
Extensive experience in the surgery and neurosurgery treatment of Brain Abscesses, Tuberculomas and Tuberculous abscess, Tuberculous lesions or Caries Spine and Fungal infections.